What is the KBSA?
The Kitchen Bathroom Bedroom Specialists Association (KBSA) was formed in 1978 by a group of independent retailers to improve professionalism within their industry. The KBSA is now a national trade association boasting more than 370 retail members throughout the UK, along with 120 leading brands and distributors as corporate members.
Using a KBSA member to supply your kitchen, bedroom or bathroom means you have chosen a supplier who works to an approved code of practice. All members have been carefully vetted prior to their admission to the association, and must:
- have been successfully trading for at least two years before they can be considered for membership
- have a fully fitted showroom
- provide a complete design, supply and installation service
- offer either ConsumerCare deposit protection insurance or the extended ConsumerCare Plus
Why the KBSA?
Top ten benefits of buying from a KBSA member:
1. If you buy from a KBSA member you are covered by KBSA ConsumerCare or ConsumerCare Plus insurance, offering comprehensive cover at a competitive price.
2. Where you see the KBSA logo and its distinctive tick you can be reassured that you are dealing with a reputable and reliable company.
3. All KBSA retailers have to have been trading solvently for over 2 years. You can rest assured that none of them are 'fly by night' companies.
4. KBSA retailers are continuously vetted by our officers to ensure they continue to uphold the high standards of the Association.
5. All KBSA retailers have their own showrooms with permanently fitted displays, so that you can personally check and see the quality of the kitchen, bedroom or bathroom you are buying.
6. KBSA retailers will be able to supply all the products that they have on display.
7. All KBSA retailers offer a design and installation service, and will take full legal responsibility for all the work involved in the contract, including the fitting of units, plumbing (gas and water) and electrics.
8. KBSA members will usually only ask for a 25% deposit once a kitchen, bathroom or bedroom plan has been agreed. Be wary of companies who ask for full payment up front!
9. The KBSA operates a comprehensive complaints procedure and all complaints are investigated.
10. When buying from a KBSA member, you can rest assured that you are buying from the best. Does such expertise cost more? The answer is no. In test after test, when kitchens of similar quality have been compared, those from KBSA members do not cost any more and, because of their superior design, can even offer greater value for money.
For more information please visit the KBSA website- www.kbsa.co.uk